After working through some Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners, you will soon learn that making soup is a great way to utilize the Instant Pot! Cooking soup under pressure helps to tenderize tough cuts of meat in no time and infuse flavors that you would typically only get from hours of simmering.
This collection of Instant Pot Recipes for Soup includes everything from chicken, beef, pork, and vegetarian. Whether you're looking for a hearty meal or a light soup to serve as a side, you're sure to find it here!
I've compiled over 50 different soup recipes, so make sure you bookmark or pin this post for later.
Equipment and Gear
Of course, if you are going to make these Instant Pot Soup recipes, you will need a pressure cooker. I have both the 6 Quart Instant Pot and the 3 Quart Instant Pot Mini and I love them both. The mini is perfect for camping!
For serving: Be sure to also grab a few silicone spatulas and ladles to prevent scratching your inner pot.
For leftovers: These reusable containers are my favorite way to store leftover soup.
For cleaning: Bar Keepers Friend is the secret to keeping your inner pot looking shiny and new!
What is the Instant Pot Soup setting?
Let's get this out of the way right from the start. Most pressure cookers will come with different preset buttons and settings, depending on the make and model. The soup function is designed to cook soup without burning or scorching the bottom.
That said, not all Instant Pot Recipes for Soup will utilize the soup button. This is because most vegetables, including potatoes, do not need to cook for 20-30 minutes under pressure. This post details more information about all of the Instant Pot settings and buttons.
Tips and Tricks
- Many of these Instant Pot Soup recipes will call for chicken broth, you can make Homemade Bone Broth in the Instant Pot as well. It is SO much tastier than the store bought version!
- Be careful not to turn your beans and pasta to mush. Read recipes carefully, many will suggest that you add the beans and pasta (like this Chicken Noodle Soup) after the pressure cooking to prevent them from turning soggy and overcooked.
- If your soup recipe calls for onions, you might want tot use the sauté setting first before cooking the soup (like in this French Onion Soup). This will result in a much more flavorful final product!
How to Release Pressure
Be careful when you release the pressure - some recipes will call for a quick release (where you manually turn the knob to release the pressure) and some will call for a natural release (where you leave it alone after the cooking time has passed until the pressure fully releases). If you quick release, there is a high probability that the soup will splatter so be prepared.
How to Thicken Soup
If your soup is too runny and needs to be thickened, most recipes will use cornstarch or a roux with flour. Read the recipes carefully, because this typically needs to be done after the pressure cooking. Set the Instant Pot to sauté and quickly stir in the thickening agent.
How to Reheat Soup in the Instant Pot
Not only can you cook your soup in the Instant Pot, but you can also use it to reheat soup - just use the sauté button and be sure to stir it regularly to prevent scorching.
Soup Recipes with Chicken
- Chicken Noodle Soup (it doesn't get any more classic than this)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by Grace and Good Eats
- Green Chile Chicken Soup by Grace and Good Eats
- Chicken and Rice Soup by Mom's Dinner
- Chicken Taco Soup by Kroll's Korner
- Chicken Meatball Soup by Howe We Live
- Pho Ga - Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup (video with sound) via YouTube
- Creamy Chicken Soup by Eat Well 101
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup by The Buttered Blondie
- Jalapeño Lime Chicken Soup by Table for Two
- Chicken Alfredo Tortellini by The Little Sunny Kitchen
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup by This is Not Diet Food
- Lemon Chicken Orzo by The Foodie Affair
- Stuffed Pepper Soup by The Recipe Well
Soup Recipes with Beef
- Beef and Vegetable Soup by Mom's Dinner
- Cheeseburger Soup by Eating on a Dime
- Steak Soup by Mom's Dinner
- Lasagna Soup by The Recipe Well
- Hamburger Soup by Mom's Dinner
- Creamy Beef Taco Soup by Seeking Good Eats
- Beef and Barley Soup by Mom's Dinner
- Taco Soup by Foodie Crush
- Cabbage Roll Soup by Homemade Interest
- Caldo de Res - Mexican Beef Soup by Thai Caliente
- Sweet Potato and Beef by Rally Pure
- Moroccan Beef and Vegetable by Food Faith and Fitness
- Chinese Five Spice Beef and Vegetable by Yay for Food
Soup Recipes with Pork
- Zuppa Toscana by Mom's Dinner
- Ham and Potato by The Salty Marshmallow
- Pork Stew by Sweet and Savory Meals
- Ham and Bean by Will Cook for Smiles
- Pasta e Fagioli by Cook Fast Eat Well
- Ham and Potato by Delicious Meets Healthy
- Chinese Pork Shoulder Soup by Jonesin for Taste
- Posole by Simply Happy Foodie
- Split Pea by The Cozy Cook
- Navy Bean by Homemade Interest
- Italian Sausage Orzo by The Kitchen Girl
Vegetarian Soup Recipes
- Creamy Potato Soup (bacon optional)
- Tomato Soup by Grace and Good Eats
- Creamy Wild Rice Soup by Mom's Dinner
- Corn and Potato Chowder by Kroll's Korner
- Lentil Soup (video with sound) via YouTube
- Split Pea Soup (ham optional) by Salt and Lavender
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini by Cooking with Karli
- French Onion Soup by Eating Instantly
- Minestrone Soup by Platings and Pairings
- Broccoli Cheese Soup by Cooking with Karli
- Butternut Squash Soup by Gimme Some Oven
- Tomato Basil Soup (video with no sound) via YouTube
Share this Guide!
Be sure to pin this Ultimate Guide to Instant Pot Recipes for Soup and share it with your friends.
Additionally, if you have a recipe that you think would be a good fit for this guide (and isn't already mentioned above), please send me an e-mail.